Tuesday, June 12, 2007

1984 Trans Am, Engine Mounts.

Ok i have finaly done the dreaded job and replaced the engine mounts and trans mount, it took me 7 hours since i have never done this before on a 3rd gen F-body.
The job required to dissconect the ball joints, drop the A-arm, drop the shockers, remove the suspension then re-assemble and do all this with no help in one day, So its done and it feels like a different car. Heaps smoother and way more power to the ground and no wonder here is my old drivers side engine mount (the worst of the two) next to the new one.


I also greased the front ball joints and anything that looked like it needed a bit of lube, checked all the brakes (all good) and fixed a bad oil leak that i could never find untill I got under the car (under the fuel pump) all the oil coverd the bottom of the engine so it made it hard to track..

Here is some more pictures:
My new 14x3" drop base aircleaner.

No comments: